The year 2010 will soon come to an end. This is reason enough to look at the statistics collected for our website and to publish a list of the most popular posts and articles. I will use the number of hits as a metric of popularity. But first a couple of overall statistics.
- To date, we have had 203,233 page views on this website, that’s an average of 569 a day. If you add the documentation, we saw an overall number of page views of 1,289,260, amounting to an daily average of 3,611! Simply amazing!
- The most visitors came from the U.S.A. (53,237 visits, 313,566 page views), followed by Germany (27,391 visits, 154,759 page views), Russia (15,509 visits, 79,406 page views), France (15,436 visits, 89,528 page views), and United Kingdom (14,615 visits, 90,467 page views).
- We deleted 15,147 spam comments, where the spam is growing at an ever increasing speed. Hah, the spam bots are getting to know Spirit‘s website! That’s actually good news.
Thanks to everybody for your support!
Overall, we published 33 new posts. Here are the most popular ones:
- Creating Your Own Parser Component for Spirit.Qi (3,966 views)
- Parsing a List of Key-Value Pairs Using Spirit.Qi (3,155 views)
- Tracking the Input Position While Parsing (3,006 views)
- Parsing Skippers and Skipping Parsers (2,748 views)
- S-expressions and variant (2,188 views)
I’m very happy to see that the articles showing how to use Spirit for specific tasks draw a lot of attention. You might want to get back to those and re-read them (and all the others as well).
Last but not least, on behalf of Joel and myself, let me express our gratitude for all the support we received over the last year. We have a lot of ideas how to improve Spirit and we will continue to need your help in the future. Stay tuned!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all!